CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS:
|Classical Program Director/Teacher||Substitute Positions||Head Cheer Coach|
Classical Program Director/Teacher
Bishop Machebeuf High School is currently seeking a qualified candidate to help develop and teach courses in our newly created Classical Track program. This person would help develop and implement a four-year curriculum as well as teach courses within the program. He or she would also direct recruitment, resource acquisition, marketing, and advancement of the program. As the program evolves, responsibilities would shift from an emphasis on teaching to an emphasis on directing. During the first year, he or she would tentatively be responsible for teaching a two-hour freshmen-level humanities course, freshman-level grammar/composition, and sophomore-level rhetoric/speech.
Qualifications: Candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Passion for and understanding of the Catholic faith and the Catholic Intellectual Tradition
- Commitment to forming disciples of Christ by joyfully and faithfully witnessing to the Gospel
- Experience in teaching English and history at the high school level
- Training and experience in a classical education approach
- Ability to support high school students in their spiritual and intellectual formation
- Knowledge of Latin and/or Greek is preferred
Application Process: Please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Diocesan Application: (Download Here)
- Name and Phone Numbers of Three References Including Most Recent Supervisor
- Official or Unofficial Copies of Transcripts
- Copy of Teacher Licenses (If applicable)
- Philosophy statement that outlines the candidate’s vision of Catholic classical education
Preference will be given to applications that are received by March 1, 2017. Position starts August 1, 2017.
Salary Range: (Depending upon experience and qualifications)
- Extended teacher contract - $40,000 - $48,000 annual salary (teacher calendar + 20 days)
- Includes strong benefits package including health, dental, and vision (cost is shared between employer and employee)
In employment practices, the Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, marital status, mental or physical handicap when these are unrelated to the ability to preform duties of the position. This policy is interpreted consistently with the religious mission and teaching of the Catholic Church.
We contract with Kelly Services to provide substitute teachers. If you are a faith-filled, college-educated person interested in serving as a substitute teacher at Machebeuf, please complete the following:
-Submit an application with Kelly Services by contacting the company at 303-940-5673 or email@example.com.
-Complete the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Training – Check our school calendar for classes offered periodically at Machebeuf or check the Archdiocesan website: http://archden.org/safe-environment-training-classes/
-Obtain substitute authorization from the Colorado Department of Education: https://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/licensure_subapp
For additional questions, please contact Mrs. Tamara Whitehouse, Assistant Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Sports: Head Cheer CoachCandidates must submit the following:
- -Resume & Cover Letter
- -Names & Phone Numbers of 3 References including most recent supervisor
- -OCS Employment Application (Download Here)
- Please submit these documents to Mr. John Everhart email@example.com
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Catholic schools of the Archdiocese of Denver, under the jurisdiction of the Archbishop and at the discretion of the Secretary for Catholic Schools, state that all of their Catholic schools admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at schools. Furthermore, Archdiocesan schools admit handicapped students in accord with Archdiocesan Policy No. 2000 concerning student admission. These schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, handicap, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of their educational policies, employment practices, scholarship and loan programs or athletic or other school administered programs.