Strength and Conditioning
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING PROGRAM
The philosophy of the Machebeuf Athletic Department’s Strength and Conditioning program is to provide our student-athletes a safe and encouraging environment in which to prepare for their upcoming athletic seasons.
- The benefits of high school strength and conditioning programs include:
- Injury prevention.
- Encourages a healthy, active lifestyle, rather than a sedentary one.
- Increases flexibility, core strength and overall performance.
- Teaches the importance of proper nutrition and diet.
- Builds team unity and focuses on athletics year-round instead of the 3-4 month competitive season.
High school athletes today are bigger, faster and stronger than ever. In order to compete for titles, Machebeuf athletes must be bigger, faster and stronger than our competition. To win titles we must be healthy and injury free, we must be dedicated to a healthy and active lifestyle, and we must feed our bodies the fuel it needs to perform.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20: Do you not know that your body is a temple
of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,
for you have been purchased at a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body.
The concentration of the Machebeuf Strength and Conditioning program is based in core strength and flexibility. This approach helps our student-athletes avoid injuries and helps them to understand the limitations of their bodies. This basis also gives our student-athletes a foundation from which to build. The evidence is not only visual in our student-athletes, it is obvious in their athletic performance. The workouts include stretching, body weight exercises, the use of free-weights and machines. The workouts are geared to overall athletic physical fitness, but are flexible enough for sport specific exercises as well. Along with flexibility and core strength, speed work and agility drills are incorporated at the appropriate times as determined by the Strength and Conditioning coach.
- The weight-room is currently open Monday –Thursday immediately after school until 5:00 pm.
- At no time will student-athletes be allowed in the weight room to work out without the Strength and Conditioning coach present.
- All Machebeuf athletic forms are required from each student-athlete prior to joining the strength and conditioning program. These forms include a current physical, the warning letter and consent form.
- There is no additional charge for the strength and conditioning program, simply a willingness and dedication to work.
- As with all athletic participation at Machebeuf, attendance and participation in the strength and conditioning program is a privilege, not a right. Focused, punctual and determined students are welcome.